Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blogging Berlin!

I'd been itching to travel for months, so I finally decided to do something about it. Airfare has been dropping like crazy. I saw $170 round trip to Vegas and $320 to Paris, so I figured I'd just go wherever is cheap. Robin (roomie) came home one day and declared that she and Gayleem were taking an impromptu trip to Berlin, so I decided to join them. $440 RT to Germany?!Sure why not...

Knowing me, of course it's fitting that I begin blogging with an excessive number of glamour shots of the apartment we stayed in. Found it on Craigslist Vacation Rentals! Only 20 Euros/night for each of us. The apartment was like a palace by NYC standards. A palace that smelled like fresh laundry all the time. I am still seething with house envy.


This was the room that I stayed in. We all slept like rocks. I think futons are magical.



An charming little picnic basketesque breakfast nook in the kitchen?! My brain was practically exploding from the adorableness of it all.



Adorable.

Adorable

Don't get me started on the bathroom. I'm pretty sure this thing is bigger than my bedroom and living room combined. I would have paid 20 euros just to sleep on the bathmat.

Adorable.

Adorable.

Adorable.

Adorable.

This was our building. The hallway always smelled like bread and stinky cheese. The neighborhood we stayed in was called Prenzlauerburg and actually reminded me a lot of my NYC neighborhood, Fort Greene. Lots of beautiful trees, charming old homes, farmers market, and young couples with their eco babies and sporty strollers.

A little photo of the French fellow who rented this place to us. I'm really sorry, but I have to say it... ADORABLE!



3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH. you were in paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though this is old, I wanted to mention to you that the "picnic basket" is actually something quite common on German beaches! It's actually called a "Strandkorb", which means beach basket. The top part shields you from sun, but can also be pushed down to give you a place to lay which isn't directly on the sand.

    ReplyDelete