Sunday, April 18, 2010

Out and about.






The face masks were still a big thing in Taipei. I guess they were hit pretty hard with swine flu. My mom and I met up with her friend's son who is a quasi-famous pop singer and he said that he rocks the face mask when he's hiding from screaming teenage girls.









I love this picture for so many reasons. This would NOT be okay in NYC.



Mean Girls.

The girls in Taipei are crazy about having Sailor Moon eyes. They get eyelid surgery so their eyes appear bigger, then wear tons of eyeliner, glue on massive fake lashes, and sometimes wear those creepy contacts that make your irises look really big and doll like. I found it really fascinating and distracting.


I LOVE THE TAIPEI SUBWAY!!!!! It just opened in 1996, so it doesn't surprise me that it's amazing x 100. First of all, it's SPOTLESS. No food or gum allowed. You will be fined $250 USD if you're caught eating. There are recycling bins, and even a safe zone for women to wait at night that is monitored by security. The various exits for each station are numbered. People wait in line to get ON the train. Amazing.





CONTINUED ON NEXT PAGE, CLICK "OLDER POSTS"

No comments:

Post a Comment